Thursday 29 November 2007

rain, rain, go away

Today is going to be a library day. The weather is terrible. #2 has taken to shouting at her thumb in her sleep which means mummy and daddy are getting no sleep. I feel exhausted but i have only just woken up, why is that?
it reminds me of my student days, if i got out of bed it meant that I had to go and do some studying, yuck! Talking of student days I have become addicted to that find old friends website. And have I found loads, people from school are now also married with kids! Time does seem to fly by.
Then it leaves me thinking about my 2 1/2 year old, Christmas must be ages away for her. She got an advent calendar from her Grandma, gorgeous, but she is desperate to open the doors. We keep having to say wait until Saturday. She is starting to grasp time, today, tomorrow, 'Friday is music group'. It's amazing to watch her brain develop and start understanding the world around her.
She is even choosing to wear shoes that she can put on herself, because she is developing a sense of independence. It'll be wellies today, another pair of shoes she can do herself. Bless!
Still struggling to get the papoose finished, I sit to knit and then I am distracted by the need for crayons, glue, scissors...or a cat that just needs loving right now!
Talking of which.. I think he is about to start typing on the keyboard so I had better get going.

No comments: