Monday 7 January 2008

Apologies

A lampshade that I am using to make my work space feel pretty, especially with the dark , cold, weather.
i apologise for my lack of commitment to this blog. i have no real excuse apart from christmas, new year and returning to work.
So the same as everyone else.
Christmas was good. I completed all the presents that I wanted too. i still need to build up my fabric collection, then the challenge of putting together ideas may help. But i had fun trying out small patterns that i had found on Wee Wonderfuls. I made the pointy kitty (which I must make one for each of my girls) and two little bunnies.

I was proud that I had even managed to complete a knitted doll with clothes. however she has been given lipstick already, using new christmas pens. I favourite gift from uncle, not so cool for mummy and daddy.

Now it is the new year, I have returned to work after a 6 month maternity leave and I still need to complete the papoose. At the rate i am going #2 will be too big for it and I will have to have #3 just so that the thing will be used.

Christmas has been great fun for little projects to do with #1, so now we have to start preparing ideas for spring. I think there will be a few gardening projects. This would make anyone who knows my home a bit of a laugh. I will explain. i live in a terraced house that has a yard instead of a garden. To make it better there are paving slabs across it all with borders of about 1/2 a foot on one side and a foot on the other. I am going to call spring creative planting and thinking!!

No comments: